Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 15 the renewed mind.

Okay, here we are in John chapter 15 of  by chapter study of John's synoptic gospel, the highest of the synoptic books as far as spirituality is measured. It ranks with those written by Paul and those after. Remember that the Lord Jesus spoke in many of His teaching in divine or spiritual language which to this very day causes many to stumble all over themselves when doing a translation or teaching. Because without the Holy Spirit's indwelling there is no understanding of GOD's wisdom or purpose. Right out of the gate the Lord unloads with a blast of a cannon load, as He speaks without interruption through this chapter.


John 15:1-11, 12-17 (Jesus is speaking) "'I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another.'" (KJV)

John 15:1-11, 12-17 (Jesus is speaking) "'I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
'This is my commandment,' that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.'" (ESV)

John 15:1-11, 12-17 (Jesus is speaking) "'I am the authentic [1]vine! My Father is the farmer. (The word [1] ampelos, grapevine; is from amphi, around and halon, is from the base of heilisso, to roll up or together; thus a vine coiling about a support. "On the Maccabean coinage Israel was represented by a vine." Jesus is the genuine Messianic vine. Not the empty vine Hosea 10:1 mentions. Look at Matthew 21:33.) Every offshoot in me that does not bear fruit, he [1] lifts up from the ground and fastens it to the stake and ever fruit bearing part he dresses in order to maximize its yield. (The word [1]airei and [2]kathairei are employed to suggest the lifting of the branches as well as the dressing process which includes pruning. Airei, is from airoo, to elevate, to lift up, to air; katharei, is from kata, in this case signifying intensity, and again airoo. Lifting up to manage a grape vine's canopy which will influence not only the potential yield of the crop but also the quality of the grapes due to the access of air and sunlight needed for the grapes to ripen fully and for preventing various grape diseases. When the Greeks began to colonize southern Italy in the 8th century BC, they called the land Oenotria which could be interpreted as "stake" or land of staked vines, growing upwardly. The grapevine is attached to stakes, or posts, thus making sure the branches grow upwardly. They are also dressed and pruned to be positioned in such a way that their fruit would be easily accessible. Hina karpon pleiona pherei, purpose clause with hina and present active subjunctive of phero, "that it may keep on bearing more fruit" (more and more). The Father's vineyard tool is his Word, incarnated in sonship; as in Hebrews 1:1-3 and 4:12. Hebrews 1:1-3 Throughout ancient times GOD spoke in many fragments and glimpses of prophetic thought to our fathers. Now, the sum total of this conversation with us, has finally culminated in a Son. In his sonship, GOD declares him heir of all things. He is, after all, the author of the ages. Jesus is the crescendo of GOD's conversation with humanity; he gives context and content to the authentic thought. Everything that GOD had in mind for humanity is voiced in him. Jesus is GOD's language. Jesus is the radiant and flawless expression of the person of GOD. He makes the glorious intent of GOD visible and mirrors the character and evry attribute of GOD in human form...The message GOD spoke to us in Christ, is the most life giving and dynamic influence in us, cutting like a surgeon's scalpel, sharper than a soldier's sword, piercing to the deepest core of human conscience, to the dividing of soul and spirit; ending the dominance of the sense realm and its neutralizing effect upon the human spirit. In this way humanity's spirit is freed to become the ruling influence again in the thoughts and intentions of the heart. The scutiny of this word detects every possible disease, discerning the body's deepest secrets where joint and bone-marrow meet. )The moment we cease from our own efforts to justify ourselves, by yielding to the integrity of the message that announces the success of the Cross, GOD's word is triggered into action. What GOD spoke to us in sonship (the incarnation), radiates his image and likeness in our redeemed innocence. [Hebrews 1:1-3] This word powerfully penetrates and impacts our whole being; body, soul and spirit.) Your personal pruning and dressing already happened in our conversation; The word made flesh in my person and language is how the Father prepares and sets you up for fruit bearing. Our seamless union, you in me and I in you, is pictured in the vine, the shoot cannot bear fruit outside of this union. In its abiding in the vine, fruit happens naturally - as with your abiding in me. I am the vine and you are the branches; it is the one who understand this mutual union that naturally bears much fruit - which is impossible to happen apart from me.[1]Every area of human life that does not continue to be entwined in this place of seamlessness in me, [2] was already cast forth where it has [3] withered away and is gathered to be burned as [4] firewood. (The word [1]tis is an enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object. So, instead of 'everyone'' I chose to see tis here as referring to everything, meaning every area of your life. As mentioned in verse 2, the 'dressing' or 'pruning' is not in judgment but in order to maximize the yield! GOD's Faith sees humanity fully associated, included and represented in his incarnation. He calls things which were not yet visible as being visible, because they are in his sight! Romans 4:17! "When GOD changes Abram's name to Abraham, he made a public statement that he would be the father of all nations. (Genesis 17:5) Here we see Abraham faced with GOD's faith; the kind of faith that resurrects the dead and calls things which are not (visible yet) as though they were." Human failure in every tense and sense of the word was dealt with in Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. The Aorist Passive tense, [2] eblethe, denotes a momentary act in the past tense, indicating that it was cast forth. The next verb is also in the Aorist Passive, [3] exeranthe, it was withered away, from xerainoo, to wither. The incarnate Christ is to enter humanity's judgment and hell and bear the ultimate victorious fruit in co-raising us together with him. The single grain of wheat did not abide alone but bore much fruit! (John 12:24) Look at 12:31-32, This is the judgment of this world; it is the moment where the authority of the world-system is cast out! [The serpent's head is about to be crushed! genesis 3:15; Colossians 2:14-15] Look at Colossians 3:1 Engage your thought with your co-crucifixion and coresurrection and co-seatedness in Christ! And 12:32 When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all judgment unto me! [4] From living fruit-bearing branches to firewood, which becomes recycled energy again!) My words find voice in you. with your abiding in me and my words abiding within you a conversation is inspired where you will request that which arises in your desire from our union and it shall come to pass for you! (this I personally know) These union-inspired desires bear the very fruit that endorses the Father's glory! This is where true discipleship is born. (The Aorist tense; was glorified. As in John 15:6, making the point when the Father's glory was realized in the perfect union of the believer's will with Christ's.) The love of the Father for me is my love for you - abide in my love for you! By [1]treasuring the [2]Prophetic conclusion of my life you will remain constantly engulfed in my love even as I treasure the completeness of my Father's prophetic purpose and abide in his love embrace. ([1] tereo, to treasure, to guard; entole, look at the note at 14:15.) I have spoken these things to you so that my joy will continuously infuse you - you don't have to invent your own if you can tap into mine! This is the ultimate bliss!
I [1] advise you to discover your love for one another mirrored in my love for you; this is the [1]conclusion of my mission. (The word often translated assignment or commandment, [1] entole, is from en in and telo, complete.) There is no greater expression of love than the love that leads someone to lay down his life for his friends. ("Self-sacrifice is the mark of love." ) Our friendship is endorsed in your continual engagement with [1] the conclusion of my mission. (Again the word [1] entole, assignment or conclusion.) I do not communicate with you on a slave - boss basis; slaves have no clue what their Master is about to do. I talk to you as my friends telling you everything that I have heard in my conversation and intimate association with my Father. This I explain to you in the [2] clearest possible terms. (The preposition [1] para is used, pointing to close companionship; the word [2]gnoritso means to have thorough knowledge of.) I did not begin in you; you began in me! I am not your idea; you are mine! I have strategically positioned you in order that you may abound in much fruit bearing, where life leads you - fruit that would ceaselessly continue this same incarnate life union with me! From within this place, anything you desire has already been granted you by my Father. (The word, [1] eklegomia, traditionally associated with the idea of election, has two components, ek, a preposition that indicates source or origin and lego, meaning to communicate ideas; thus, the original blueprint-word, the logos; see John 1:1-3 and 12. The word becomes flesh in the fruit you eat! The many are called, [kaleo] but few are "chose" eklegomia thus, the masses are defined by my name but few realize their true origin in me!) All these things are the conclusion of my assignment to you and find their context in your love for one another. Know that the world-system hated me first whenever you encounter their resistance against you.'" (The Mirror)

The LORD willing we will pick this back up here at verse 18 next time. As I have stated John's message is the message of the ages in depth and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment