Sunday, December 30, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 18 the renewed mind and our victory foretold.

So now we enter chapter 18 of John's synoptic gospel where the plan of mans redemption as being fore told by his savior, is about to come to pass as He is the savior of the world as we have heard and seen so far. Keep in mind that this is all one action of time from chapter 13 on. To see this clearly look with me at: John 14:20 "'In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.'" Here both grace and glory are combined in the workings of GOD, this being concealed from near and short sighted men of religions theologies. For when the Lord Jesus from the cross of His execution said "'It is Finished'" all things had been judged that were planed by GOD to be judged there. And because of that GOD changed the epoch of time, for memorial of His Creation, His human form. This is the action recorded by John in Revelation, a pictorial picture story of the works and actions of Christ. His stage is now set and all is in motion, the Father is guiding its outcome to the smallest of details, Jesus' betrayal. Here GOD bring both mans religion and politics into play, to be set up for judgment. This he has already done as revealed in the language of the OT prophets.


John 18:1-11 "When Jesus had spoken these words (as recorded from chapter 13 through now in 18), he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples. And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples. Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, 'Whom seek ye?' They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus saith unto them, 'I am he.' And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, "I am he," they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, 'Whom seek ye?' And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus answered, 'I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way: That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.' (by Him in John 17:12) Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then said Jesus unto Peter, 'Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?'" (KJV)

John 18:1-11 "When Jesus had spoken these words (as recorded from chapter 13 through now in 18), he went out with his disciples across the brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which he and his disciples entered. Now Judas, who betrayed him, also knew the place, for Jesus often met there with his disciples. So Judas, having procured a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, went there with lanterns and torches and weapons. Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, 'Whom do you seek?' They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, 'I am he.' Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground. So he asked them again, 'Whom do you seek?' And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus answered, 'I told you that I am he. So, if you seek me, let these men go.' This was to fulfill the word that he had spoken (in John 17:12): "Of those whom you gave me I have lost not one." Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.) So Jesus said to Peter, 'Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?'" (ESV)

John 18:1-11 "When Jesus concluded his prayer (this author limits the time frame of the Lord's speaking here, which the other translations did not) he and his disciples crossed over the brook Cedron into a garden. Judas, who betrayed his was familiar with this place since Jesus often gathered there with his disciples. Judas was given a Roman military cohort of about 600 soldiers to accompany him; they came together with the temple officers from the chief priests and many Pharisees with torches, lanterns and their weapons drawn. Jesus, fully aware of everything that was coming upon him, went forward to meet with them and said, 'Who are you seeking?' They said to him, "Jesus the Nazarene." Jesus answered, 'Here I am.' And there Judas was, standing with them. Just when said, 'I am,' they fell backwards and fell to the ground! He asked them again, 'Who are you looking for?' They said, "Jesus of Nazareth," Jesus said, 'I already told you who I am; if its me you are after then let the others go.' He said this to confirm to his disciples that he would protect them so that none of them would be implicated. Simon Peter thought that it was a good idea to defend themselves and drew his sword and struck at the high priest's servant, Malchus' head, who ducked away and only lost an ear. Jesus told Peter to put away the sword and said, 'Do you think that I am not going to drink this cup the Father have me?' (The Mirror)

Next time the LORD willing we look at Jesus before the priests. Notice how GOD gets everyone in the action of establishing the worlds coming judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment