Friday, December 21, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 16 the renewed mind.

Beginning chapter 16 of John's synoptic gospel, which begins with the warning addressed to His followers as religious and religions outsiders, as it carries the thought flow over from 15. Though this did not register with Peter for some time after the Lord's ascension. As he still clung to the old systems and customs of Judaism and worked among them until his execution. Then Jesus speaks on the Holy Spirit whom He will send to fill not only His place but who will reside within all who would but believe Him! The early churches added a word under the influence of the world order, this word has lead to much confusion and evil over the centuries. This word we could possibly link to another word in Genesis 3:15, here is found the word heel, and the early church word is penitence or re-penitence. Both are to bind, restrict and to holdback, to cause to stumble; more on this point later.


John 16:1-3, 4 (Jesus is speaking) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.'" (KJV)

John 16:1-3, 4 (Jesus is speaking) "'I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me.
But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. '" (ESV)

John 16:1-3, 4 (Jesus is speaking) "'I have communicated these things to you so you will not be embarrassed about your scandalous association with me. You will be kicked out of their synagogues and there will be times where those who will kill you will think that they have done GOD a favor! They will do these things becasue they know neither the Father nor me.
I have told you all this in advance so that when it happens you will remember this conversation. While I was with you there was no need for me to tell you about these things.'" (The Mirror)


John 16:5-11 (Jesus is speaking) "'But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, "Whither goest thou?" But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.'" (KJV)

John 16:5-11 (Jesus is speaking) "'But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, "Where are you going?" But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.'" (ESV)

John 16:5-11 (Jesus is speaking) "'But now I am going away to be face to face with him who sent me! And here you are not even asking me to explain to you what I am about to do, since you are so worried about your own future! Now listen up! Hear me, my departure is not to disadvantage you; everything that is about to happen, brings conclusion and bears together what the Prophets pointed to! This will be to your absolute advantage! If I do not go away, your [1]Companion cannot come to you, but if I go I will send to you One to be [2]face to face with you defining your very being. ([1]Parakletos, is from para and kaleo; redefining our original being in the closest possible association and kindred companionship; closer to you that your breath! [Genesis 1:26-27, 2:7] Again the word [2]pros is used!) In this capacity of close companionship with you, the Holy Spirit comes to convince the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment: the Holy Spirit in you will persuade them concerning their sin, which boils down to a bankrupt, distorted identity due to their indifference to me. (The world's unbelief and indifference to Jesus is the very cause of their bankruptcy! The word for sin, is hamartia and is from ha, negative and meros, portion or form, thus to be without your allotted portion or without form, pointing to a disorientated, distorted or bankrupt identity; the word meros, is the stem of the word morphe, as in 2Corinthians 3:18 where the word metamorphe, with form, [transform] is the opposite of hamartia - without form. Sin is to live out of context with our original blueprint of one's design; to behave out of tune with GOD's original harmony.) In this union with you, the great Companion will also convince the wolrd of righteousness because in my disappearing out of sight, to be face to face with the father, the Spirit of truth will interpret the conclusion of my mission which is humanity's association in me and their redeemed innocence! The intimate union with my Father that I displayed while present with you in my physical body will now be made visible in you! Then the world will be convinced that the judgment that was their due was accomplished when the ruler of this world system was judged! (In Jesus dying humanity's death, closure was brought to the system of the Law of works and performance as dictating and defining human life. In humanity's co-crucifixion and joint-descent in Jesus into their hell and in their co-resurrection and co-elevation to be seated together with him in heavenly places! Look at John 5:21-22, 12:31-33; Hosea 6:2; Ephesians 2:5-6, Colossians 3:1-3, Romans 4:25, Acts 17:29-31, 1Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 1:1-3.) (The Mirror)

The LORD will we will pick things back up with verse 12 next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment