Saturday, December 15, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 14.1 the renewed mind.

Here we are again in John's synoptic gospel chapter 14 picking up with verse 8, where the Lord just seem to unload on Phillip.


John 14:8-14 "Philip saith unto him, "Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." Jesus saith unto him, 'Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, 'Shew us the Father?' Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.'" (KJV)

John 14:8-14 "Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, 'Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.'" (ESV)

John 14:8-14 "Phillip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, then we will be satisfied." 'Phillip, I have been with you for a long time, and yet you haven't really known me? To see me is to see the Father! How can you still say, "Show us the Father?" (Phillip was the one who introduced Nathaniel to Jesus in the beginning of their walk with him. "We have found him of whom Moses and the Prophets wrote!" John 1:46 The Father cannot appear in any more visible or tangible manner than what he did in Jesus, the incarnate Word. Any idea one could possibly have about GOD that is unlike Jesus, is not the Father! He is the radiant and flawless expression of the person of GOD. He exemplified the character and evry attitude of GOD in human form. Hebrews 1:3; Colossians 1:15.) Are you not convinced that i am in the Father and that the father is in me? We are in seamless union. The words that I speak to you are not my independent opinion or ideas; the Father in me addresses you; this conversation then translated into the Father's action unveiled in my doing. The fact that the Father seems distant or invisible to you does not mean that he is absent. In me he is very present with you! You cannot claim to know me while you ignore him - we are inseparable. Humanity, I dare you [plural] to believe that I am in the Father and the father is in me - if it seems far fetched, then believe me because of what I have done and what I am about to do. It is the father in me who defines me. My works exhibit his resolve. (Jesus did not come to persuade the father about us, he came to persuade us about the Father. There is nothing in the incarnate Word that is in conflict with who GOD is! John 1:1-3 If you underestimate me, you underestimate my Father - and you underestimate you!) I want you to be fully convinced about this, anyone whose belief concludes in who I am, will also do the works that I do. And because of my [1]relocation to continue to be [2]face to face with my Father, the works that the believer will do, will be of greatest proportion and of global influence; the father is as present in you as he is in me. (The word, [1] poreuomai, to transfer, relocate, to travel. again the word, [2]pros, face to face. Jesus is multiplied in us. ) And whatever you desire in my name, that will I do that the Father may be glorified in the Son. Your sonship is endorsed in my sonship. (The first occurrence of the phrase, In my name, en toi onomati mou. Look at John 14:26, 15:16, 13:23-24, 26. "If this name, Jesus Christ is in the believer's consciousness, the element in which the prayerful activity moves; so that thus that name, embracing the whole revelation, is that which specifically measures and defines the disposition, feeling, object, and content of prayer. The express use of the name of Jesus therein is of no specific token; the question is of the spirit and mind of him who prays.")  If you ask me anything, in knowing what my name entitles you to, that will I perform. (The use of 'me' here is supported by Aleph B 33 andthe Vulgate Syriac Peshitta manuscripts. Aleph is the famous Sinaiticus, the great discovery of Constantine von Tischendorf, the only surviving complete copy of the New Testament written prior to the ninth century; [4th century])

I will, the LORD willing pick this up at verse 15 in our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment