Sunday, December 23, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 16.2 the renewed mind.

Picking up with verse 16 of John's synoptic gospel chapter 16. Where Jesus is still speaking in humanity's redemption language, as it looms of the horizon for His doing in the scheduled completing of His divine heavenly mission on mans, NO! The world of humanity's behalf! We must keep the two actions of Judgment in their proper places. The first is for humanity's redeeming as the gift freely bestowed to the world of humanity, in the judgment of this worlds evil orders of systems, political and religion, the second is for of those who by choice remain under these evil systems in unbelief of the finished works of Christ while suspended of the Cross and then His resurrection and ascension as the proof of GOD's promises fulfilled. The second judgment is yet on our horizon in which both the living wicked and the wicked dead will be judged for their denial of the finished death by blood letting and ascension of Christ, Spirit of truth and His disciples. These thing we are currently researching for another posting.

John 16:16-24 (Jesus is speaking) "'A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.' Then said some of his disciples among themselves, "What is this that he saith unto us, 'A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?'" They said therefore, "What is this that he saith, 'A little while?' we cannot tell what he saith." Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, 'Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.'" (KJV)


John 16:16-24 (Jesus is speaking) "'A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.' So some of his disciples said to one another, "What is this that he says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me;' and, 'because I am going to the Father?'" So they were saying, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We do not know what he is talking about." Jesus knowing that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, 'Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, 'A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me?' Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.'" (ESV)

John 16:16-24 (Jesus is speaking) "'For a brief while I will be absent from your [1] view; then in another brief while you [2] will see and know me. ([1] Ye shall not see - ou [negative] theorete - the present tense: "you behold me no more." - [ theoreo - English, theorize ] "Then again you will [2] see me," opsesthe, Future, middle Deponent Indicative voice of the verb horao. A different verb for seeing is used here. [1] Theoreo, emphasizes the act of vision, not yet known, [2] horao, the result of the act. Theoreo is a derivative of theaomai, and denotes a deliberate contemplation conjoined with mental or spiritual interests. "The vision of wondering contemplation, in which they observed little by little the outward manifestation of the LORD, was changed and transformed, transfigured into sight, horao, in which they seized at once, intuitively, all that Christ was and is. As long as his earthy presence was the object on which their eyes were fixed, their view was necessarily imperfect. His glorified presence showed him in his true nature." 
Paul beautifully prays that the eyes of our understanding be flooded with light so that we may know the full conclusion of his death and resurrection and how fully included we are in it.
The best texts omit, "Because I go to the Father." Although it is present in the next verse.) Some of his disciples said to each other, "What does he mean? When he tells us that in a little while we won't see him. Then he tells us that in a little while we will see him again and then he would return to be face to face with the Father?" What does he mean by a little while? This just doesn't make sense to us at all. Jesus perceived that they were confused about this and asked them, 'Are you still trying to figure out what I mean by this brief time where you will no longer see me and then the next moment you will really see me?' During the brief time of my apparent absence you will mourn and grieve but while the religious world rejoices, your pain will give birth to joy! The anguish a woman suffers when her hour has come to give birth, is soon forgotten and replaced with delight when another [1] human life is born! (The word human species, male or female is [1] anthropos, and is from ana, upwards, and tropos, manner of life; character; in like manner.) Just like with childbirth where joy eclipses the labor pains, so your present sorrow will be vanquished and your hearts will erupt in joy when you realize how you captivate my [1] gaze! And no one will be able to take this joy away from you! (Again the word [1] (this word i could not find), is used, from horaoo, to look at something with wide open eyes as in to gaze at something remarkable! in the mirror reflection of his gaze, we see ourselves and now we know even as we have always been known! ) In that day of your awakening to our inseparable union, you shall ask me no more [1] questions; instead you should certainly [2] ask the Father directly in my name, knowing that my name represents the extent of all the father has already accomplished on humanity's behalf and he will happily grant you your requests and take all questions of possible doubt or uncertainty out of the question. (To quest is the primary meaning of the verb [1] erotao. Another verb for ask occurs in the following sentence, [2] aiteo, to make a request.) Until now you have not required anything in my name - when you realize what is yours in my name, then make your requests and lay a hold of that so that your joy may burst its banks!'" (The Mirror)

Next time, the LORD willing, we will resume with verse 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment