Monday, December 31, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 18.1 the renewed mind and our victory foretold.

Okay, the Lord Jesus was just betrayed and willing gave himself over to his accusers, in his and our own innocence shortly to be restored. Now headed to the Priest of the day to be further slandered by him and those who surround him, then we will see what He told Peter while face to face with him come to pass, and then back to the High Priest.

John 18:12-14 "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, and led him away to Annas first; for he was father in law to Caiaphas, which was the high priest that same year. Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people." (KJV)

John 18:12-14 "So the band of soldiers and their captain and the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus and bound him. First they led him to Annas, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year. It was Caiaphas who had advised the Jews that it would be expedient that one man should die for the people." (ESV)

John 18:12-14 "Then the soldiers under their captain's command together with the Jewish temple police arrested Jesus and tied him up. They first took him to Annas, the father-in-law of Caiaphas who was the High Priest that year. It was Caiaphas who advised the Jews that in order to save the entire nation, it was inevitable that one person should die." (The Mirror)


John 18:15-18 "And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest. But Peter stood at the door without. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter. Then saith the damsel that kept the door unto Peter, "Art not thou also one of this man's disciples?" He saith, "I am not." And the servants and officers stood there, who had made a fire of coals; for it was cold: and they warmed themselves: and Peter stood with them, and warmed himself." (KJV)

John 18:15-18 "Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple. Since that disciple was known to the high priest, he entered with Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest, but Peter stood outside at the door. So the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the servant girl who kept watch at the door, and brought Peter in. The servant girl at the door said to Peter, "You also are not one of this man's disciples, are you?" He said, "I am not." Now the servants and officers had made a charcoal fire, because it was cold, and they were standing and warming themselves. Peter also was with them, standing and warming himself." (ESV)

John 18:15-18 "Peter and another disciple followed Jesus; the High Priest knew the one disciple and he was allowed to enter the courtyard. Peter remained outside at the entrance. Then the other disciple who knew the High Priest went to speak to the lady at the door and asked permission for Peter to join him inside. The lady who guarded the door said to Peter, "Are you not also one of this man's disciples?" He said, "No I am not." (She obviously recognized John as a disciple.) The slaves and temple police were huddled around a coal fire to warm themselves; Peter also joined them to get out of the cold." (The Mirror)


John 18:19-24 "The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine. Jesus answered him, 'I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.' And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, "Answerest thou the high priest so?" Jesus answered him, 'If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?' Now Annas had sent him bound unto Caiaphas the high priest." (KJV)

John 18:19-24 "The high priest then questioned Jesus about his disciples and his teaching. Jesus answered him, 'I have spoken openly to the world. I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together. I have said nothing in secret. Why do you ask me? Ask those who have heard me what I said to them; they know what I said.' When he had said these things, one of the officers standing by struck Jesus with his hand, saying, "Is that how you answer the high priest?" Jesus answered him, 'If what I said is wrong, bear witness about the wrong; but if what I said is right, why do you strike me?' Annas then sent him bound to Caiaphas the high priest." (ESV)

John 18:19-24 "The High Priest then begane to question Jesus about his disciples and his teaching. Jesus replied, 'I have spoken openly to the world and frequently taught in the synagogue and temple to a Jewish audience and have said nothing in secret. Why would you question me? Talk to my audience if you wish to find out about my teaching; they are familiar with what I teach.' When he said this one of the temple police slapped him in the face and scolded, "How dare you speak to the High Priest in this manner?" Jesus answered, 'If I said anything evil then tell me; but if I have spoken only that which is beautiful, why do you strike me?' Annas sent him bound to Caiaphas, the High Priest." (The proper place of this verse is immediately after the 13th.)

The LORD willing we shall pick things back up at verse 25 in our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment